Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grown Ups

This past week has been ridiculously crazy. I haven't even had time to type it all. All last week, I was in new teacher training. It was information OVERLOAD! I'm not sure I remember it all. I DO know that I need to sign up for all my health care stuff though. But even that is a big WHAT? on my radar right now.
It's strange going from a part time job with no healthcare, to an adult job that has all these things that are provided. I guess that's a perk of being a grown up.
I'm not sure I'm really a grown up, yet.
At least not in my heart.
But have new grown up choices to make.
And they keep coming.
Sometimes I wish they would stop...
But then I remember that with being a grown up.. comes salary = money = more freedom. But it also bring responsibility = not as much freedom.
Being a grown up is an oxymoron.
Not sure I like it... at least not all of it.
I wanna be a Toys R Us Kid.
But the kids have so far been great. I mean I have a small classroom with 34 desks in it.
My largest class is 37 students. One of those students has his own aid.
That's 38 people.
Not including me. I gave up my chair yesterday.
I also made a young man give his up for a girl.
He sat on the floor.
I will FORCE chivarly on these students.
I have a LARGE cupcake on my wall. I think my interior design students are more excited about it than my nutrition kids. Ha.
I eat breakfast at 5:30 in the morning.
I don't have lunch til 11.
I starve myself at work.
I was told to pack snacks.
It doesn't work.
Grown ups don't eat correctly or at the right times.
As a grown up, I will also have to live alone = eat alone = watch the bachelor pad alone = alone.
:(
Why do we move so quickly and hungrily towards being a grown up.. only to realize it's not what we really want?

No comments:

Post a Comment